Monday, August 5, 2013

Minvans and Adult Diapers

As a lot of you know, I drive a minivan. Or maybe I should say I actually own and drive a truck but our family vehicle is a minivan. I have people all the time ask me why I chose to purchase and own a minivan, as if I had a choice in the matter. Come on people. I have 4 kids, a wife, and a crapload of stuff to haul around. A Honda Civic or Toyota Prius ain't gonna cut it. I find this question to b...e a little offensive because it's not something you choose to do but it's something that happens to you. It would be like asking someone who has cancer why they chose to have cancer. Nobody chooses to have cancer just as nobody chooses to own a minivan, it just happens.

I look at minivans much in the same way I do adult diapers. When it comes down to it nobody wants you to know they have it or want you to see them in it, but it has it's purpose and it certainly makes life a helluva lot easier. Life happens, and eventually you realize that these things (adult diapers and minivans) are inescapable. Reluctantly you come to realize that you have no choice but to submit yourself to them, knowing in the end, as hard as it may be to accept, that it really is for the best.

No comments:

Life is just too funny to be taken so seriously