Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Choice is Yours

In our lives we face many choices. Choices such as running or pulling over when the police pull up behind you with their lights flashing, for example. Or a decision about whether or not to buy the new Justin Bieber, Never Say Never, album. Whatever the choice may be there are consequences, whether they be good or bad, for the decision you make. For example if you choose to run from the cops you may be spending some time in jail, however if you choose to pull over you could be receiving a ticket. And if you choose to buy Justin Bieber's new album, you might have to face the humiliation of your friends laughing at you for buying it. Then again, if you choose not to buy it, you could be missing a great opportunity of experiencing the talented musical sensation know as Bieber that is sweeping this country. The choice is yours, the consequences are not.

Which is why I find myself alone at home staring at the last piece of cherry cream pie in the fridge wondering what I should do. Now I know my wife told me I had better not touch it because she has yet to have a piece and that our kids and I have had more than our fair share. I also know that she said she planned on eating it as soon as she got back home from picking up our child from preschool. I understand all of this. But as I am sitting here staring at the pie, I realize I have a choice. I can obey my wife's wishes and leave the pie alone which will not help my grumbling stomach or I can choose to eat the last piece of the pie and face the wrath of a very angry wife later. Decisions... decisions...why do they always have to be so hard?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the words of the Great Weird Al Yankovich..."just eat it, eat it, eat...another addage I always live by is "it's easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. You can check out more sound advice at alaskapades.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beiber is so hot right now...look they're breakdance fighting

Anonymous said...

she's my cherry pie cool drink o water such a sweet suprise.

Kenny said...

Too funny

Life is just too funny to be taken so seriously